Prospective Research Students
I am currently seeking highly-motivated doctoral, master’s, and undergraduate students interested in high-impact research. Interested students may check out existing opportunities on specific projects. We may also discuss open topics if such opportunities do not apply or are unavailable. While such topics are open, research interests intersections may lie in the areas of Programming Languages, Software Engineering, Systems, and Data Science. For general, open topics, interested students may fill out this form.
This form does not serve as a “pre-application” process. Prospective students interested in attending the university should follow the appropriate application process. I cannot inform prospective students of their likelihood of being admitted to the program. Admission decisions are made by a committee and not an individual faculty member. This form should only be used for students interested in working with me that would like to discuss potential projects. Otherwise, prospective students should apply to the program directly. If desired, prospective students may list me as a faculty member they would like to work with.
Prospective Research Undergraduate Students
With approval, undergraduate students at Hunter College may register for sponsored research credits (credits count towards CS electives).
Current Research Students
- Tatiana Castro Vélez (Ph.D. 2025, CUNY GC/HC CS Fellow)
Past Research Students
- Medha Belwadi (Lynbrook High School, CA, NYU GSTEM 2022)
- Pranavi Gollanapalli (Dublin High School, CA, NYU GSTEM 2022)
- Manal Zneit (M.A. 2022, now a Ph.D. student at CUNY Graduate Center)
- Zhongwei Li (B.A. 2022)
- Ye Paing (M.A. 2021, now Software Engineer at Squarespace)
- Yiming Tang (Ph.D. 2021, CUNY Graduate Center Full Science Fellow, now a postdoctoral researcher at Concordia University)
- Allan Spektor (MA 2019, now Software Engineer at Kooick Inc.)
- Annie Wang (Hunter College High School, NY, NYU GSTEM 2019, now student at Harvard University)
- Krishna Desai (Nutley High School, NJ, NYU GSTEM 2019)
- Oren Friedman (MA 2019, Google Summer of Code 2018, now Software Engineer at Xandr)
- Walee Ahmed (BA 2019)
- David Morant (BA 2017, Undergraduate Initiative Fellow Spring 2016, now Software Engineer at New York Times)
- Walter Rada (BTech 2015, now Data Network Production Support Analyst Intern at TD Ameritrade)
- Olivia Moore (BTech 2016, NSF LSAMP scholar 2015-2016, now Process Improvement Engineer at New York Foundling)
- Md Arefin (BTech 2016, Google Summer of Code 2015, Emerging Scholar Fall 2015, 2016 valedictorian, now Software Engineer at J.P. Morgan)
- Egor Kozitski (BTech, Emerging Scholar Spring 2015, now Software Engineer at AD/FIN)