Subscribe

Archives

Categories

Secondary reviewer for ICCD ’19

I am honored and excited to participate as a secondary reviewer for the 37th IEEE International Conference on Computer Design (ICCD ’19).

NYU GSTEM students visit during the summer

Krishna Desai and Annie Wang will be joining our research group this summer through the NYU GSTEM program. NYU GSTEM is a summer program for high school juniors that allows them to participate in research laboratories. The program is offered by the NYU Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences and helps promote STEM to traditionally underrepresented groups, particularly, females and minorities.

Krishna Desai is a rising senior at Nutley High School. She has a great interest in Computer Science and is hoping to pursue a career in that field.

Annie Wang is a rising senior at Hunter College High School. Since a young age, she had a great interest in STEM, which, as she grew older, took shape in her deep passion for scientific research and coding, fueled on by the gender gap in Computer Science. She has a variety of research experiences, from working at a biochemistry lab to an immunology lab to a computer science lab, where she is currently working on a study involving Java 8 Streams, a popular streaming API. When she isn’t working, Annie can be found reading, taking walks, writing, or listening to K-pop.

Paper on big data developers accepted at ESEC/FSE 2019

Our new paper entitled, “Going Big: a Large-scale Study on What Big Data Developers Ask” has been accepted to the 27th ACM Joint European Software Engineering Conference and Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (ESEC/FSE) 2019 technical track! Out of 303 submissions, 74 papers were accepted (an acceptance rate of 24.4%). The conference will be held in Tallinn, Estonia later this year.

Program committee (PC) member for ICSE 2020 Demonstrations

I am excited and honored to be invited to participate as a program committee (PC) member of the 42nd International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2020) Demonstrations track! The demonstrations track provides a highly interactive forum for presenting and demonstrating various software engineering tools. Submission deadline is December 21.

Program committee (PC) member for ASE 2019 LBR

I am honored to be invited to participate as a program committee (PC) member of the 34th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE 2019) Late Breaking Results (LBR) track! The LBR track aims to promote discussion of the most recent, late-breaking advances towards cutting-edge or emerging research results with the broad scientific community attending the conference. Submission deadline is July 22.

Program committee (PC) member for SPLASH 2019 Onward!

I am pleased to announce that I have been graciously invited to participate as a program committee (PC) member of Onward! 2019, to be held as part of the ACM SIGPLAN conference on Systems, Programming, Languages, and Applications: Software for Humanity (SPLASH 2019). Onward! is a premier multidisciplinary conference focused on everything to do with programming and software. I am looking forward to working with the accomplished members of the PC and reviewing some great submissions.

Slides for stream refactoring talk at Columbia University now available

Slides for my talk on Safe Automated Refactoring for Intelligent Parallelization of Java 8 Streams at Columbia University are now available.

Received CUNY Academy Stewart Travel Award for Assistant Professors

I am pleased to announce that I have been selected to receive the CUNY Academy Stewart Travel Award for Assistant Professors for the 2018-2019 academic year.

Preprint now available for ICSE 2019 paper

A preprint for our ICSE 2019 paper entitled “Safe Automated Refactoring for Intelligent Parallelization of Java 8 Streams” is now available!

Invited to participate in NSF panel

I am very honored to be invited to serve on a National Science Foundation (NSF) panel.

Need help with the Commons? Visit our
help page
Send us a message