Subscribe

Archives

Categories

Invited to participate on 2021 NSF panel

I am honored to be invited to serve as a reviewer for a 2020 National Science Foundation (NSF) panel.

Yiming passes the second exam

I am pleased to announce that my doctoral student Yiming Tang has successfully passed her second exam. She is now a Ph.D. candidate. Congrats, Yiming! And, thank you to the committee, Ashwin Satyanarayana and Subash Shankar!

Actor concurrency study paper accepted at OOPSLA 2020

I am excited to announce that our paper, entitled “Actor Concurrency Bugs: A Comprehensive Study on Symptoms, Root Causes, API Usages, and Differences,” was accepted at OOPSLA 2020! One hundred nine papers were approved out of 302 submissions, amounting to a 36% acceptance rate.

Allan successfully defends his thesis

Congrats to Allan Spektor for successfully defending his MA thesis, entitled Two Techniques for Automated Logging Statement Evolution, yesterday! Thank you to Subash Shankar and Saptarshi Debroy for agreeing to participate on the committee, Khant Ko Naing for administering the defense, and the student participants for their insightful questions. Congrats, Allan!

Allan defending his thesis.
(more…)

Accepted EAPLS best paper award at virtual ETAPS 2020

Today, I accepted the EAPLS best paper award on behalf of my coauthors at the virtual ETAPS 2020 afternoon. Thank you, ETAPS, and congrats again to Yiming, Mehdi, and Baishakhi!

Screenshot
Accepting the EAPLS award at the virtual ETAPS 2020 afternoon.

New course announcement for Fall 2020: Fundamentals of Reactive Programming (Seminar)

The Fall 2020 semester will feature a new course on the fundamentals of reactive programming, CSCI 49380/79526. (more…)

Received EAPLS best paper award at FASE 2020

We are honored to receive the EAPLS best paper award at the 2020 International Conference on Fundamental Approaches to Software Engineering (FASE ’20) for our paper entitled, “An Empirical Study on the Use and Misuse of Java 8 Streams” with Yiming Tang, Mehdi Beherdezeh, and Baishakhi Ray. (more…)

Received Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud credits for research

I am excited to announce that I have received $1,500 from the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Credits for Research Program. (more…)

Received PSC-CUNY Enhanced Research Award

I am pleased to announce that I have recently received a PSC-CUNY Enhanced Research Award for a project entitled, “Safe and Efficient Parallelism via Collection API Ordering Inference.” (more…)

New doctoral student Tatiana Castro Velez starts Fall 2020

A new doctoral student, Tatiana Castro Velez, will join the team starting this Fall semester! Tatiana will enter the Ph.D. program in Computer Science at the CUNY Graduate Center as a CUNY Graduate Center/Hunter College Computer Science fellow.

Profile photo
(more…)
Need help with the Commons? Visit our
help page
Send us a message