Home » Posts tagged 'city tech library'
Tag Archives: city tech library
The LSAMP program is now accepting applications for Spring 2016. Accepted students will receive up to $5000 to conduct research with a faculty mentor during the Spring 2016 semester and beyond. The deadline to apply is December 14, 2015. If you are interested in applying with myself as a faculty mentor, please complete my informational form. More information is listed below:
The LSAMP program is a NSF funded program that has the objective of increasing the numbers of minority students graduating with degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields. The program does this by giving eligible students a stipend and training as they work alongside a CUNY faculty mentor on a research project.
Eligibility and application instructions can be found on the attached pdf file but I still wanted to go over some important steps:
- Find a faculty mentor doing research. A list of such faculty mentors can be found here.
- Have the mentor agree to take you on in their lab for a research project (spanning 2 months for the summer).
- Create a research project with your mentor or work on a project your mentor is currently working on.
- Fill out and submit your application.
- Send in supporting documents (scanned) to email@example.com and CC firstname.lastname@example.org: Updated Transcript, Resume, Birth certificate, Passport or Green Card, Social Security Card.
You will be notified via mail of acceptance.
Please Note: If are interested in applying but do not currently have a mentor, please submit the Phase I application and leave the mentor information and project details parts blank. Once you have confirmed a project mentor and project, they must email the LSAMP office with their project title, project description, mentor’s name, and mentor’s email address. The mentor will then be manually sent the Mentor Endorsement link.
The for applications for Spring 2016 is December 14, 2015. So please be swift!
If you have any other questions do not hesitate to contact Marvin Bennett, NYCCT AMP Coordinator, email@example.com, P616, Thurs. 9am-5pm, V806 Weds. 9am-5pm, Phone: 718-260-5529, Fax: 718-260-5524.
I have been invited to participate in a panel discussion on Open Educational Resources (OER) in the classroom. The discussion will take place on October 14, 2015 in the Faculty Commons from 4:30-6:30pm.